LEICESTER, LE12 [WR ID: 1464] (posted: October 8, 2020)
Are you an experienced Supply Chain professional seeking a leadership role within Operations Management?
We are looking to appoint an ambitious Supply Chain professional who has developed their career ideally within an operational function. We are keen to speak to leaders within Supply Chain who have the ability to work at an Operational Management level, working strategically to instigate and implement process improvements.
You will be joining this manufacturing business at their Leicestershire facility, however we are seeking an agile and mobile individual who is happy to travel internationally (mainly Europe).
This genuinely is a great opportunity for an ambitious Supply Chain / Operational Leader to join a profitable business where you can develop your career. Your compensation will include a base salary, car allowance of £7,500, private medical insurance, a 5% pension scheme, a personal bonus, and a profit share bonus.
As the Supply Chain Operations Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Actively work with the Supply Chain Manager to develop and implement a robust Sales and Operations Planning procedure.
- Liaise with Commercial colleagues to incorporate customer needs into planning and contribute an efficient S&OP process and stock management.
- Lead the industrial operation in all respects including but not limited to:
- People (GPTW, performance and management).
- Safety (accidents, frequency rating, corrective actions).
- Quality (ISO13485, Customer complaints, internal non-conformances).
- Environmental (ISO14001, customer requirements).
- Cost (Purchase price, waste, labour effectiveness).
- Regulatory (Compliance to legal and group requirements).
- Strategy and capital investment (product and equipment).
- Ensure a positive leadership of the UK Management team including Supply Chain, Purchasing, Quality, Safety, Environment, Manufacturing, Technical and Logistics.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting and communication.
- Be an active leader of improvement project initiatives to increase production efficiency and utilisation.
- Implement and maintain continuous improvement methodologies.
- Measurement, analysis and reporting of improvement projects and activities for the site.
- Ensure compliance of all H&S and product safety and quality standards and team ownership of audits and results.
- Ensures a pro-active, fact-based approach to all forms of waste, leads and promotes “lean principles” and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Operations Manager who has the following skills and experiences:
- Extensive experience within supply chain management and implementing S&OP procedures.
- Good knowledge of SAP.
- Continuous improvement/Kaizen qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of “regulated” or “controlled” products (i.e. Food/Pharma).
- Literate and numerate in English (French an advantage).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business financials.
- A relevant Degree or record of academic achievement to HNC/HND level.
To apply for this role as Supply Chain Operations Manager, please click apply below or contact Ash to have a confidential discussion on 07535 546164.
Please be assured your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. On application, your data will be processed in accordance with our data policy. This can be found here http://wagstaffrecruitment.co.uk/privacy-policy/.
Wagstaff Recruitment and Careers Coaching offers a dedicated and individual service for professional candidates seeking new opportunities within the engineering, manufacturing and automated distribution industries.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”