LONG EATON [WR ID: 1101] (posted: December 29, 2018)
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Inspector to join a well-known global manufacturing business within the heavy industry field. Due to major investment, the plant is due to expand over the next few years.
Based in Long Eaton as a Quality Inspector, you will undertake visual and physical inspections of sub-assembled and assembled products along with purchased materials recording and reporting of any issues that arise to ensure the protection of the company brand.
Benefits of a Quality Inspector:
- £30,000 – £35,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- 6am – 3:45pm Monday – Friday
- Good Company Pension, Holiday & Benefits
Responsibilities of a Quality Inspector:
- Verify products and raw materials against engineering drawings, specifications, national and international standards.
- Calibration, identification and control of all equipment necessary to verify product conformance while maintaining calibration of the database.
- Conduct supplier source inspection, first article, in process and final as required, and support SCM activities including incoming quality audits (IQA) & (PPAP).
- Issue non-conformance reports and monitor prescribed corrective and preventative actions.
- Conduct pre-delivery inspections (PDI), prepare all documentation, plan and facilitate client inspections as required.
- Assist in the compilation of quality data analysis in liaison with the Safety & Quality Systems Manager.
- Develop and improve quality inspection procedures and work instructions in liaison within the quality team.
Skills and Experience required to be a Quality Inspector:
- Time served in an engineering discipline essential.
- Knowledge of CNC/NC, CAD/CAM is desirable.
- Previous experience of product verification within a heavy industry.
- Sound inspection ability including component measurement and evaluation against specifications, drawings and standards.
- Self-starter, able to work to time scales with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of ISO standards, integrated systems and procedural requirements.
- Internal audit 9001 QMS – Certificated by a recognised training body.
If you believe that you possess the necessary experience in this role, please submit your CV below. Alternatively you can contact Emma Devereux directly for more information on 07528 499922 / 01543 471733.
Please be assured your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”