NOTTINGHAM [WR ID: 1122] (posted: February 8, 2019)
Working for a global manufacturing business, due to expansion we are recruiting for a Production Supervisor to look after the machine shop. Working with a team of skilled CNC machinists you will be instrumental in ensuring production targets are adhered to.
Benefits of a Production Supervisor:
- £38,000 – £42,000 pa basic salary (depending on experience).
- Morning and afternoon shifts (with additional shift allowance).
- Up to 7% matching pension.
- 33 days holiday.
Responsibilities of a Production Supervisor:
- Maintain and promote a safe and tidy working environment.
- Operate, improve and develop the Company Quality Assurance System.
- Solve production related problems and continuously improve in all areas of operation.
- Prioritise work in a logical and orderly manner to achieve business and personal objectives.
- Plan the allocation and delegation of work.
- Develop an ongoing forward plan to ensure production targets are met.
- Results focused – accountable for achieving business and team targets.
- Assist in the planning and training of a multi-skilled workforce.
- Understand and act on the training needs of self and others.
- Ensure that a consistent and strict standard of discipline is maintained and that disciplinary rules are enforced.
- Ensure that employees work within Health, Safety & Environmental procedures.
- Assume responsibility for writing relevant risk assessments and ensures that team members are assessed and meet the standard for the tasks delegated.
Skills and Experience required to be a successful Production Supervisor:
- Proven track record in supervisory management.
- Understand BS EN ISO 9001/9002 and its implications.
- A confident personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic IT skills with a good standard of Excel and Word required.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Control Systems (MCS) and their applications.
For more information, please contact Stuart Cooper directly on 01543 471734 or out of hours on 07896 075527. Alternatively you can apply below.
Wagstaff Recruitment offers a dedicated and individual recruitment service for professional candidates seeking new opportunities within the manufacturing industry. Please be assured your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”