LEICESTER [WR ID: 1093] (posted: December 18, 2018)
Experienced leader required for a multi-functional role. UK based reporting into Europe.
This is a brand-new role to strengthen the UK facility and will involve coaching, mentoring and focusing on site improvements within production, planning, warehouse, maintenance and facilities.
This role would suit a technically minded Production Manager seeking their next career step.
A profitable consumable assembly business. As Operations Manager, you will be joining the UK facility of a global corporation. Innovation and future products are at the heart of their success.
To be a successful Operations Manager in this role you will need:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Proven Production / Manufacturing / Operations Management.
- A strong understanding and proven experience within lean manufacturing and CI activities.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a hands-on approach – you will be working for a global organisation but who operate within an SME environment where decisions can and do happen quickly.
Previous experience needs to include:
- Management of a team, production, planning or engineering.
- Production management experience.
- Lean manufacturing.
- CI activities.
- Engineering experience, ideally you would have held a position previously within an engineering function.
We are keen to hear from experienced Production Managers or Manufacturing Managers who are looking to join a company offering autonomy and future career progression.
This role will not suit you if you are not comfortable with an open culture of questioning and accountability which comes from across the leadership and executive teams.
Day to day duties for this Operations Manager role:
- Responsible for safety throughout the plant and surrounding environment.
- Supervision of manufacturing, maintenance, warehouse, purchasing, scheduling and facilities.
- Ensure production orders are assembled on time, to cost and quality.
- Assign personnel and monitor the process work flow through the manufacturing facility.
- Ensure operating policies and procedures are in place and fit for purpose.
- Drive Kaizen improvement programmes to improve efficiencies and create a lean culture.
- Plan and schedule daily tasks, using judgement to problem solve arising issues. Evaluate and mitigate risk implications.
- Develop talent and a positive cultural environment by:
- Reviewing and providing timely feedback to employees regarding their performance
- Mentor, develop and motivate
- Develop an internal talent pool
- Assist in resolving any functional issues in order to achieve targeted performance
- Create mid-term and long-term development plans for direct reports
- Build a transparent, cooperative and trustworthy working environment
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement investment in technology, equipment or systems that will enhance the plant’s production capabilities in order to optimise production, improve efficiency and reduce conversion cost.
- Optimise current capacity utilisation by process optimisation, equipment rebuilding, employee training and development, as well as a disciplined approach to managing the operations.
- Ensure EHS compliance by:
- Actively identify potential risks and mitigate them
- Produce the necessary reports in case of incidents
- Implement corrective and preventive measures in order to ensure the occupational health and safety of employees, as well as compliance with the mandatory regulations
- Ensure the company maintains its ISO 9000 accreditation
- Ensure the purchase function source the most cost effective components and services whilst still maintaining the required service levels and quality
- Ensure Production Reporting is reported accurately and on time
If you are an experience Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager or Operations Manager seeking a role based in Leicester (easily commutable from South Nottingham, Rugby, Coventry or Melton Mowbray), please contact Stuart Cooper on 07896 075527 / 01543 471734 or Ruth Forster on 01543 411039. Please be assured your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- c £60,000
- 10% bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”