SPALDING, PE12 [WR ID: 997] (posted: March 22, 2019)
- 4 on 4 off days and nights.
- £37,000 basic + realistic and achievable overtime available OTE £41,000.
- Opportunity to be part of food industry, previous food ind. exp not required.
- Must have electrical skills.
- Genuine opportunity to work with an established and friendly engineering team.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer required to work on a 4 on 4 off shift with 2 other engineers, plus a team of engineers who work on days. You will be working with engineers who have been with the business a long time and an engineering management team who truly value their engineers.
You must be an apprenticeship trained, qualified engineer with electrical skills. Previous food industry experience is not essential but experience of working in a manufacturing environment is.
The most important attribute we are looking for In a Maintenance Engineer is attitude, we are seeking a Maintenance Engineer who can look at ongoing faults and provide solutions, work with production and offer support to improve efficiencies.
Daily duties and responsibilities will include:
- Executing engineering work orders as assigned by the Engineering Plant Manager, Maintenance Coordinator in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reactive maintenance taking appropriate action to resolve, then report and document actions taken. Escalate issues to the Engineering Plant Manager as advised by the company escalation procedure.
- Develop, operate and maintain a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) for production streams and site services.
- Work closely with the production stream team using continuous improvement methodologies to focus/prioritise problem solving efforts to improve asset performance.
- Follow complex electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical assembly drawings to ensure the prompt identification of production equipment faults.
- Monitor the performance of equipment when running, and discuss any issues and improvements with Production Shift Managers, Shift Team Leaders and Operators.
The ideal Maintenance Engineer would be:
- Time Served Craft Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering with some mechanical knowledge.
- City and Guilds, National Craft Certificate, NVQ Level 3, or relevant mechanical and electrical qualification.
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills.
- Basic computer competency in MS Office and CMMS systems.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Engineer, please submit your CV below. Alternatively, you can call Stuart Cooper directly on 01543 471734, or out of hours on 07896 075527. Please be assured your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Opportunities”