Leicestershire [WR ID: 1466] (posted: January 6, 2021)
An experienced continuous improvement and quality professional required for an innovative, fast paced and profitable, global manufacturing business.
This key appointment is required to Identify, develop, and drive continuous improvement activities and change management initiatives.
For this injection moulding business we are seeking a change agent leader to drive the cultural transformation to achieve world class performance. This is a varied, challenging, and interesting role which offers the opportunity to implement and influence positive change within global manufacturing.
You will be accountable for all quality and continuous improvement across multiple sites, globally but your fixed place of employment will be in Leicester.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Experienced working within a plastic manufacturing business, ideally injection moulding.
- Ability to drive multi continuous improvement projects at multiple sites through diverse teams.
- In depth continuous experience skills ideally with lean and Green/Black belt project delivery.
- Proven experience of quality management systems including IS09001, quality auditing and ensuring global quality standards.
- MUST live within commutable distance from Leicester or be prepared to relocate.
- MUST be agreeable to global travel (when the time comes again!).
The key focus of this role includes:
- Serve as a Black Belt, coaching Six Sigma champions and Green/Black Belts on project selection, project execution and ultimate success.
- With the site leadership teams, identify and develop continuous improvement project opportunities, leading activities and teams and facilitating training to support performance improvement across the business.
- Being a change agent leader, drive the cultural transformation necessary to achieve world class performance by the organization.
- Sharply focus the organization on creating systems, processes and methods for sustainable Quality leadership.
- Cascade the implementation of the company’s Quality Vision, accelerating improvement and tightly weaving “a blanket of Quality” over the organization and products.
- Identify and incorporate best-in-segment quality and external survey targets for all markets.
- Verify the completeness and integrity of New Product Introduction and Launch Readiness deliverables.
- Lead and coach local resources on Total Quality mindset and execution through feedback and measurement systems.
- Participate in a global quality improvement process and monitor and coach regional and local implementation.
- Maintain the company’s quality systems in line with ISO9001requirements, and other certifications applicable to the markets served by individual operations.
- Coach site team members to identify and apply the appropriate methodologies (tools) for initiatives identified.
- NPI – APQP Launch management.
- Identify potential quality problem areas in new and modified products, contributing to “design for manufacture” principles.
- Support New Product Development and Introduction in order to establish appropriate manufacturing conditions and quality control procedures to achieve required quality levels.
Please contact Ruth Forster on 07779 020242 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, please submit your CV below.
Please be assured your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. On application, your data will be processed in accordance with our data policy. This can be found here http://wagstaffrecruitment.co.uk/privacy-policy/.
Wagstaff Recruitment and Careers Coaching offers a dedicated and individual service for professional candidates seeking new opportunities within the engineering, manufacturing and automated distribution industries.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”