• Rail Industry.
An experienced Quality Manager is required to lead, direct and champion all aspects of Quality Assurance and Quality Control within a heavy manufacturing business. This is a key role for a global business. Reporting into the US but working in partnership with the UK managers your role as Quality Manager will be advising and guiding other managers on best practice and performance issues and driving to a successful outcome for customers and ensuring adherence to the ISO standards.
With direct responsibility for a small team in Nottingham plus overseeing a couple of additional small sites, this role will be suited to a process orientated Quality Manager who can investigate, challenge and ensure systems are fit for purpose within a heavy engineering manufacturing business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop, implement and manage top level standard operating procedures to meet regulatory, customer and internal business requirements.
- Lead audits in line with the Quality Management System (QMS) requirements.
- Review and approve internal audit schedules for the facilities in support of overall internal audit programme.
- Lead on all external quality requirements for audits with external certification bodies .
- Achieve and sustain certification for all products/plants as appropriate.
- Manage all online business information for development and upkeep of all required approval schemes in support of commercial business development.
- Lead “Management Review” as part of ISO 9001 QMS requirements.
- Provide input to the organisation/corporate risk framework, and develop and implement mitigating actions.
- Provide professional advice to managers and other staff on arising quality issues as appropriate.
- Responsible for personal development of Quality and Safety staff.
Skills and Experience Required:
- IQA qualified.
- Considerable theoretical and practical experience of all QA areas.
- Demonstrates considerable practical knowledge and application of engineering and QA procedures.
- Good presentation, negotiation, networking, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Engineering manufacturing industry experience, rail would be a distinct advantage.
For a full job description and company information please contact Emma Devereux on 01543 411039 or 07528 499922. Alternatively please submit your CV below. Please be assured your application will be dealt with the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”