This NPD Launch Manager, is a key leadership position for our global client. Positioned within the global structure and working hand-in-hand with NPD & operational teams. This new NPD opportunity needs a proven leader to be responsible for the launch of new products including designs which are new-to-the- world, application engineering solutions and product -line extensions.
This is a global role, 50% of your time will be spent in USA, Asia and Mexico. The remaining time in Leicester. You will need to live within a commutable distance from Leicester, relocation would be available.
Your experience will ideally be from within an engineering, manufacturing business where you will have been experienced in successfully launching multiple new products. You will need to be an excellent communicator building successful relationships within various operational businesses, within various countries. You will have the ability to project manage diverse projects bringing together customers, suppliers and various stakeholders.
- Launch new products/projects on time, cost and quality.
- Drive best-in-class New Product Development.
- From a new product development perspective, establish a process and quality culture from concept-to-customer that meets the needs of customers and enhances our brand reputation.
- Coach, mentor, recruit, retain and develop terrific talent.
- Be a role model for change across the business.
- Promote the brand externally to strategically drive brand awareness.
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Ensure the EMEA/Asia technical team serves as the Design Authority and Project Manager for all new product programs, including ownership of the Stage Gate review process.
- Regularly communicate the status of all new EMEA/Asia product launches across the business.
- For projects that are behind schedule, define and implement recovery plans.
- Ensure practices are in place for New Product Introduction to deliver Flawless Launches into the business, to include:
- Design development and design verification.
- Tool try-outs.
- Effective handover to global operations to ensure equipment and tooling installation is to plan.
- Technical documentation for Operations that is accurate and available in advance of the launch.
- Ensure we have effective practices in place for supplier selection, supplier management and project management for single cavity tool builds, including: on time, on quality and on cost tooling support for procurement team during negotiations with tooling and equipment suppliers.
- Optimize requirements for CapEx expenditures.
- Hire, train, and mentor design engineers and other technical staff.
- Prepare budgets.
- University degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Demonstrated success with new product development and launch process.
- Technical background in plastic injection molding.
- Proven CapEx experience.
- Design development and launch.
- Managing relationships and product programs with customers.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- IT literate (MS applications and ERP/MRP).
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Planning and organizational skills & ability to prioritise.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in design development and project management positions.
- Ability to effectively influence and lead others to meet requirements, including on-time project completion.
To receive the full job description and employer information please contact Steve Lapham or Ruth Forster on 01543 411039. For a confidential discussion about the role out of normal office hours please call Ruth on 07779 020242. Alternatively please submit your CV below. Please be assured your application will be dealt with the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”