This position, Principle Advanced Development Engineer, is a key leadership position within a global packaging business. The Principle Advanced Development Engineer works hand-in-hand with the global commercial team and customers, this leader will be responsible for the development of new products for our customers – including designs which are new-to-the-world, application engineering solutions and product -line extensions.
This is a brand new role working at the forefront of innovation and conception within high value packaging solutions. We are seeking a creative individual who has the engineering ability to create innovative concepts that can realistically be brought to market.
- Working on product development to deliver innovation and evolutionary product designs that meet customer needs and financial targets for the business.
- Work closely with the global commercial teams to develop and maintain technology and product roadmaps by major market and major customer, which are focused on driving growth.
- As a partner with our in-house and outside patent counsel, ensure key technologies are protected through patent submission and effective management of trade secrets
- Drive best-in-class New Product Development.
- From a new product development perspective, establish a process and quality culture from concept-to-customer that meets the needs of customers and enhances our brand reputation.
- Coach, mentor, recruit, retain and develop terrific talent.
- Be a role model for change across the business.
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Ensure practices are in place for New Product Introduction to deliver Flawless Launches into the business, to include:
- Design development and design verification
- Tool try-outs.
- Effective handover to global operations to ensure equipment and tooling installation is to plan.
- Technical documentation for Operations that is accurate and available in advance of the launch.
- Ensure the team has effective procedures in place to own the technical aspects of new product launch, including but not limited to: drawings and specifications, design FMEAs
- Ensure designs improve product manufacturability.
- Develop and maintain a technology and product roadmap by major market.
- Ensure key technologies are protected through patent submission and effective management of trade secrets.
- University degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Demonstrated success with new product development.
- Technical background in plastic injection moulding.
- Proven CapEx experience.
- Strong experience interfacing directly with customers on key product development programs.
- Design development and launch.
- IP protection strategies.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in design development and project management positions.
- Ability to effectively influence and lead others to meet requirements, including on-time project completion.
- Ability to inspire confidence in customers.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Regularly ensures team checks their work to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally without restriction.
To receive the full job description and employer information please contact Steve Lapham or Ruth Forster on 01543 411039. For a confidential discussion about the role out of normal office hours please call Ruth on 07779 020242. Alternatively please submit your CV below.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”