We are currently recruiting for an organised & experienced supply chain specialist for our client based in Nottingham. We are seeking a tenacious individual who has experience of MRP and procurement within SAP.
Working in a matrix environment you will be responsible for meeting the supply chain needs for a global manufacturing business within the engineering sector.
Supply Chain Specialist day to day duties:
- Place purchase orders based on system generated MRP requirements.
- Run reports in SAP.
- Manage purchase orders (keep them current at all times).
- Expedite and De-Expedite purchase orders (as required) in SAP.
- Resolve all blocked invoices related to assigned MRP codes.
- Field all supplier’s questions and concerns (related to specifications, etc.) and work internally to resolve.
- Serve as the liaison between the business and the supplier base in regards to required documentation.
- Be the point of contact for the assigned value stream and provide any necessary support.
- Facilitate any quality issues between the suppliers and the business.
- Resolve price discrepancies on a day-to-day basis.
Supply Chain Specialist skills and experience required:
- Experience with MRP and Procurement in SAP.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professional, ethical personal conduct and demeanour.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Willing to do general office tasks (faxing, scanning, etc.).
- Professional verbal & written communication, ability to clearly articulate thoughts/ideas.
- Organisational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Customer Service skills with both internal/external interactions.
- Creative thinking & problem solving, ask big picture questions.
- Strong bias toward action and attention to detail.
- Track record of producing highly accurate work.
If you have the requisite skills for this supply chain specialist position and would be interested in this contract please contact Steve Lapham directly on 01543 411039 or 07794 429815. Alternatively please submit your CV below.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”