Experienced / senior Electrical System / Electrical Design Engineer required take a critical role in full machine support and development for a variety of European customers.
The role of Electrical Engineer with this global design and manufacturing business is truly varied and interesting, offering an Electrical Engineer to be involved in full machine specifications, compliance and development. The Electrical Engineer is involved directly with high profile customers on innovation and future development and therefore this role involves travel within the UK & Europe.
Overview of role:
Responsible for engineering project(s) within a design and development program. This includes the supervision of teams of engineers and designers. The position will also direct high level engineering analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope to ensure that designs meet customer requirements, corporate objectives, are safe, and can be manufactured.
Qualification & experience required:
- HND min although ideally Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and develop electrical schematics.
- Experience with automotive or off-highway equipment preferred although not essential.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior knowledge of CAN based systems.
- PTC Pro-E electrical design and routing CAD skills (RSD).
- Windchill or Teamcenter PDM/PLM knowledge.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required.
- Research, study, and propose use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety and reliability.
- Directs preparation layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material.
- Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues, management, status reporting, project communication, and quality assurance.
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
- Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented.
- Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success.
- Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives.
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations.
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties.
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Genuine opportunity for career development throughout the world.
- Great working environment , working with talented engineers in a modern, desirable work space
To discuss this position in further detail or to apply, please contact Ruth Forster directly at 01543 411039 or 07779 020242. Alternatively please submit your CV below. Please be assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”