Great opportunity for an experienced Quality Inspector to join a new automated distribution centre in North Derbyshire on a Monday to Friday morning and afternoon shift pattern.
As a Quality Inspector you will undertake visual and physical inspections of proposed new products, and all incoming products, recording all issues that arise. You will be required to communicate and resolve any defects and all quality related matters with relevant parties, be it suppliers or internally, to ensure the protection of the company brand.
The company operates in the automotive sector and the role will report to a Quality Control Manager and you will be 1 of 3 Quality Inspectors on an 8 week rotating morning and afternoon shift pattern (Mon to Fri).
- Commutable from Chesterfield, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire & South Yorkshire
- c.£19,000 – £23,000 dependent on experience + benefits package
Main responsibilities of Quality Inspector:
- Visual and physical checks of quality of new, and existing products, recording all issues raised.
- Checks of primary packaging using colour swatches and pdf library, recording results in the QC database and reporting all out of line inspections.
- To highlight immediately with the relevant purchaser, any out of line inspections and quarantine parts if necessary.
- To liaise with the Stock & Returns Team Leader and identify, prioritise and maintain a schedule for routine inspections.
- To maintain defined inspections required by each product group, incorporating any special requirements.
- Identify and maintain the tools required to perform inspections.
- Ensure all parts drawings are available where possible, requesting any missing/unreadable/incorrect replacement drawings.
- Calibration and testing of inspection equipment in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Maintenance of all equipment test records.
- Able to demonstrate experience in similar Goods-In Inspection role (ideally within automotive background).
- Engineering inspection background and ideally qualification from Automotive industry.
- ERP System user competence.
- Identification of non-conform aspects of a sample.
- Ability to read and interpret suppliers technical drawings correctly.
For a confidential discussion on the role of Quality Inspector please contact Stuart Cooper on 01543 411039 or 07896 075527. Alternatively please submit your CV below. Please be assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”