A global engineering business within the rail sector are seeking an experienced Production Engineering Manager to join their Nottingham site. The Production Engineering Manager is responsible for the development of best in class and innovative manufacturing processes, the research and development of reductive and additive manufacturing methods and technologies, and the improvement of all production capability and capacity across all UK Plants (3 in total).
Reporting into the Operations Director the Production Engineering Manager has the technical authority in the procurement of all new production assets, principle adviser for the effective in-service maintenance of existing production capabilities and facilities, and responsible for maximising the return on capital investment for this global business.
Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a machining environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of Health & Safety legislation, policies and QA procedures.
- Good understanding of CNC machining technical processes.
- I.T literate.
- Strong communication skills.
- General management skills.
Job duties (Responsibilities and Accountabilities):
- Work with and advise all UK Production Managers, the design team and key production stakeholders to continually improve all existing production capability to increase output and growth.
- Accountable for the day-to-day management of production engineering and manufacturing management, and the performance of all the operational production capabilities, processes and facilities across PRS UK.
- Has the full delegated authority of the UK Operations Director on how the UK plants, improve existing capability and capacity, and determine and introduce new capability and manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for a team of direct reports of production engineers, programmers and tooling engineers.
- Manage direct and in-directs reports development and performance.
- Evaluate and control production-engineering costs and spend within the limits of the role and manage the operations against the budget.
- Responsible for the delivery of CAPEX projects supporting manufacturing across all sites.
- Promote the business growth strategy, roadmap and associated changes, and encourage and rewards a continual improvement mentality.
- Engage Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), research innovative manufacturing solutions across the world and attend Machine Tool Exhibitions and Conventions as required.
- Advise via a dotted reporting line all plant and facilities maintenance group and section managers on the effective maintenance of in-service production capabilities and facilities.
- Operate in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance System and help improve and develop processes.
For a full job description and company information please contact Stuart Cooper on 01543 411039 or 07896 075527. Alternatively please submit your CV below. Please be assured your application will be dealt with the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”