Are you a level II qualified NDT Engineer with experience in DYE PEN and UT? Then read on as we many have the perfect role fo you!
An exciting opportunity for an experienced non destructive testing (NDT) engineer has arisen to join a well-known global manufacturing business with in the heavy industry field, due to major investment the plant is due to expand over the next few years. Based in Long Eaton as a non destructive testing (NDT) engineer you will undertake visual and physical inspections of sub-assembled and assembled products, along with purchased materials recording and reporting of any issues that arise, to ensure the protection of the company brand.
Benefits of a non destructive testing (NDT) engineer:
- £30,000 – £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- 6am – 3:45pm Monday – Friday
- Company pension of up to 7% matching
- 33 days Holiday (includes bank holiday)
- Employee Online discount Scheme
Responsibilities of a non destructive testing (NDT) engineer:
- Undertake surface preparation of test samples and HV30 testing and reporting using the Earnst method when appropriate.
- Conduct and report on NDT inspections as specified in the relevant QITP and as directed periodically by the Production Manager or his appointed deputy.
- Record all NDT inspection accurately.
- Perform routine inspections and tests on work in progress including; components, sub-assemblies, final assemblies and raw materials.
- Verify products and materials against engineering drawings, specifications, national and international standards, quality plans and inspection and test plans, as required by contract, procedure or work instruction.
- Calibration, identification and control of all equipment necessary to verify product conformance with maintenance of the calibration database (including item status and disposition).
- Maintain records of all inspections carried out and product status achieved.
- Conduct supplier source inspection, first article, in process and final, as required, support SCM activities including incoming quality audits (IQA) & (PPAP).
- Operate effective acceptance and rejection procedures and maintain accurate records.
- Issue non-conformance reports and monitor prescribed corrective and preventative actions.
- Conduct pre-client final inspections, prepare all documentation, plan and facilitate client inspections as required/requested.
- Assist in the compilation of quality data analysis in liaison with the Quality Manager.
Skills and Experience required to be a non destructive testing (NDT) engineer:
- NDT qualified to PCN level II (Minimum) UT.MT.PT.
- Knowledge of ISO standards, integrated systems and procedural requirements.
- User of software packages e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Internal audit 9001 QMS – Certificated by a recognised training body.
- Maintain product and process knowledge.
- Maintain PCN Level II certification in accordance with identified product sector requirements.
- Maintain practitioner membership of BINDT (Minimum) or Combined membership of BINDT/IAQP.
- Time served in an engineering discipline essential with C&G 743 desirable.
- Knowledge of CNC/NC, CAD/CAM is desirable.
- Practical knowledge of ERNST hardness test procedure and reporting.
If you believe that you possess the necessary experience in this role please call Emma Devereux on 01543 411039 or 07528 499922. Alternatively please submit your CV below. Please be assured your application will be dealt with the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”