We are looking for multi-skilled maintenance engineer with a mechanical bias to join a large food product manufacturer in Staffordshire. Experience within the food industry is essential and some electrical knowledge would assist with your application.
Benefits to you:
- 4 on 4 off day & night shifts.
- Great pension scheme & onsite parking and canteen facilities.
As a maintenance engineer you will be required to maintain and improve the reliability of the equipment in the factory leading to increased operational performance and delivery of higher reliability.
The duties of a Maintenance Engineer include:
- Gain understanding of equipment, plant and process, and ensure knowledge is captured and shared across shift engineers and operators.
- Ensure effective, efficient and timely response to plant breakdowns.
- Promote safe working practises and ensure equipment is working efficiently and fit for purpose.
- Gather and use data to analyse losses on equipment and take steps to reduce it.
- Ensure GMP standards are reached.
- Responsible for monitoring, updating and improving the planned maintenance system and ensuring work planned and progressed.
- Ensure that plant and equipment performs efficiently to produce high quality standards.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Time served electrical or mechanical apprenticeship to at least City and Guilds, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Multi skilled to cover electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Food experience is required to be considered.
- This position will suit candidates that are or have been a Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician or Service Engineer and have food or fast moving consumer goods experience.
If you believe that you have the necessary experience in this role please contact Emma Devereux on 01543 411039 or 07528 499922. Alternatively please submit your CV below. Please be assured your application will be treated with the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”