We are seeking a strong manager of people and process for a US engineering component manufacturing business.
This role could be ideal for you if you are seeking a new challenge which involves full accountability for the manufacturing process within a high tolerance manufacturing facility.
This role could be seen as a plant manager role as it involves full manufacturing accountability and the need to operate at an executive strategic level.
Overall this role develops manufacturing strategies and tactics to improve production deliverables that meet or exceed customer needs while maximising profitability. Taking on this role you will manage all aspects of Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Quality, and Warehousing activities plus coordinating the commissioning of new process/product developments to support the Incremental and long term projects.
- Provides leadership and direction to all manufacturing managers at the manufacturing facility to ensure effective and continuous application of lean management principles consistent with customer requirements and with the goal of improving all manufacturing deliverables.
- Establishes manufacturing deliverable goals to ensure competitiveness in a World-Class environment.
- Develops site Manufacturing strategies and tactics in support of the business plans and goals. Supports the overall Corporate Manufacturing Vision and provides inputs to adapt to the changing business environment.
- Provides strategic leadership in the identification and implementation of new and improved Manufacturing and Quality processes such as TQM, Six-Sigma, Product/Process Design for Six-Sigma & Lean Thinking to raise the level of performance in all processes and deliverables.
- Reviews and manages cost centre financial goals and cost reductions initiatives in support of all Business Groups financial objectives. Monitors the operational budgets for site cost centres. Establishes a capital equipment budget with expenditure timing for each cost centre.
- Prepares inputs into the Corporate Manufacturing Budget and manages operational costs to ensure financial and variance goals are achieved for each cost centre in the site.
- Monitors Manufacturing Capacity utilization, and Process capabilities on a continuous basis, and proactively ensures that additional capacity and capabilities are employed to support business growth.
- Manages business data and develop administrative techniques to maintain control of all areas for accountability. Analyses data and makes business decisions in a timely manner.
Required Skills for this role:
- Degree education ( Essential).
- Experience of managing and developing people.
- Excellent problem solving skills and capable of analytical thinking.
- Extensive working knowledge of SAP-supported MRP and monitoring manufacturing scheduling and lead times.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Knowledge of self-managed work teams and how to introduce this concept into the work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Statistical Data Evaluation Techniques.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 systems.
- Lean Manufacturing, advanced technical and six-sigma knowledge and application.
Please contact Ruth Forster at 01543 411039 or 07779 020242. Alternatively please submit your CV below. Please be assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Build Great Opportunities”