Genuinely a great opportunity for Maintenance Engineers wanting to work in the food manufacturing industry.
- Mechanical or electrical skills required.
- £40,000 salary + paid overtime & full company benefits package.
- Continental shift (2 out of 4 weekends off).
- Previous food industry experience not essential.
We are looking to recruit apprenticeship trained engineers (mechanical or electrically biased) with experience of manufacturing to work for a major food manufacturing business. This company are offering mentoring and training to develop your engineering skills into the food manufacturing and packaging sectors if you do not have experience already in this industry. This Maintenance Engineering role is working for a large group, established and profitable. Genuine opportunities for career progression.
Key skills & attributes required:
- Prepared to work continental shifts.
- Have the drive and enthusiasm to learn and develop.
- Time served Maintenance Engineer.
- Electrical or mechanical skills.
- Ideally experience of Inverters, drives, 3 phase and single phase motors.
- Pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Excellent communicator, able to work within a team and inter departmental.
- Computer literate to ensure updating of PPM schedules and audit compliance.
- Provide quality engineering support to production to enable continuous running of plant and equipment.
- Deliver rapid response to breakdown situations.
- Ensure first time fixes through timely and effective diagnosis of faults.
- Identify improvement areas within the line engineering processes and recommend/implement solutions.
- Demonstrate ability to work unsupervised with a self-confidence to make decisions in the workplace.
- Report on line issues and machine performances as required.
- Carry out installation of plant, equipment and services as required.
- Establish and maintain a sound working relationship with production line staff.
If you are a qualified engineer with experience of maintenance engineering within manufacturing and would like to work within the food industry please contact Ruth Forster at 01543 411039 or out of office hours on 07779 020242. Alternatively please submit your CV below.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”