- Melton Mowbray
- Continental shifts (4 on 4 off days and nights)
- £40,000 + paid overtime, pension, private health care.
Experienced Maintenance Engineer required for a leading food manufacturing group who are now offering basic salaries of 40k for continental shift working.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer, apprenticeship trained, with a great attitude. You will need to work in a proactive, safe and effective manor to deliver a high quality engineering service within in a high volume production and packaging facility.
This is a varied role for an experienced Maintenance Engineer, you will be involved in PPM work, projects plus reactive breakdowns, both in production and facilities engineering.
Overview of key responsibilities:
- Deliver a comprehensive maintenance programme based on an electronic PPM system targeted at reducing unplanned work and maximising machine availability.
- Modify and update PPM system and hard copy information on a daily basis to ensure engineering information is up to date and accurate.
- Pass relevant information daily to colleagues.
- Deliver a first class pro-active service and support for production requirements and factory services.
- Train and assist production to deliver efficient machine setup, and effective start-ups.
- Work pro-actively with contractors, agencies and other permanently employed staff to ensure effective and compliant running of the factory.
- Champion specific machinery and projects.
- Manage own self to meet company objectives to agreed timescales.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Engineering apprenticeship or academic and practical qualifications in two disciplines.
- Electrical & mechanical e.g HNC or NVQ 3.
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- Maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment.
- Understanding of services such as steam generation plant and industrial refrigeration.
- Practical hands on skills with machinery.
- Methodical and systematic. Good questioning and fault finding ability.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy are required.
- Able to manage self, and others expectations.
For further information including client information and full job spec please contact Steve Lapham directly on 01543 411039 or 07794 429815. Alternatively please submit your CV below.
“Wagstaff Recruitment – Building Trusted Relationships to Create Great Opportunities”